Do I declare the money I make through Blys on my tax return?

Modified on Wed, 19 Jun at 11:30 AM

As the owner of your own mobile practice, you must declare all income you make through your own business - including clients you see through the Blys platform - to the relevant taxation office. (ATO in Australia, IRS in the US.)

For your tax return, you claim the entire amount of each job done as your income (e.g. $119 for a 60min massage), and claim the fee that you pay to Blys to use our booking platform as a tax-deductible business expense.

If you're registered for GST;

For additional information on how tax works for massage therapists, check out the How Tax Works For Massage Therapists page for a comprehensive guideline.

Other resources:

If you need help with your tax returns, check out:

If you have any questions, please speak with your accountant or contact us at and we’ll do the best we can to help.

Disclaimer: This is not a tax advice. Please seek professional advice from an accredited tax professional.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select at least one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article